This release contains a variety of fixes from 12.1.5-1. For information about new features in major release 12, see Release 12.1.0.
A dump/restore is not required for those running 12.1.X.
- Integrate dependent components into software packages, eliminating the dependency on other packages.
- Revert file name changes in the data directory, including: postmaster.pid, postmaster.opts, postgresql.auto.conf.
- Released generic packages that supports the RPM format, supports x86 and ARM 64-bit hardware architectures.
- Released generic packages that supports the DEB format.
- Unify the versions of dependent components.
- Build software packages with uniformly compilation options.
- Released generic binary package that supports the Linux platform, supports x86 and ARM 64-bit hardware architectures. Integrate dependent components, and can support decompression and run directly.
- Introduce a new product version number.